The Spanish occupy and protest movement acampadasol says “We stand for a Europe that impose rights of all human beings and against the interests of the markets.” and call for new civil wave of protest, the week of protests and struggling for a different Europe, from March 11-17, culmination with protests on March 16, and counteracting to the EU summit.
Week of actions:
– 13M: Casserole in the EU
– 14M: Social Forum Sol “For a Europe of Persons and not of Markets”
# 16M: Demonstration Plaza España-Sol, “defend impose a Europe where the rights of all men and against the interests of the markets.”.
In January, acampadasol launched their manifesto “Europe for the people, not for the marketplace” to which they rely in this up-coming protests and actions in Madrid, consiting of the following demands.
- WE DEMAND THAT THE EUROPEAN UNION SHELVE ALL TREATIES AND PACTS, AND BUILD A PEOPLE’S EUROPE,
- WE DEMAND A PUBLIC AUDIT ON STATE DEBT,
- WE DEMAND AN END TO PRIVATISATION AND CUTBACKS,
- WE DEMAND AN EQUITABLE, PROGRESSIVE AND SELF-SUFFICENT TAX SYSTEM,
- WE DEMAND THE RECENT LABOUR REFORM BE DISMANTLED,
- WE DEMAND THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM FALL COMPLETELY UNDER THE PUBLIC DOMAIN AND OPERATE ON A DEMOCRATIC, ETHICAL, AND SOCIAL BASIS,
- WE DEMAND THAT ECONOMIC AND OTHER HUMAN ACTIVITIES BE REGULATED ESTABLISHING BASIC PRINCIPLES, SO AS TO GUARANTEE PROPER CONSERVATION OF THE ENVIRONMENT AND OVERALL ECOLOGICAL BALANCE.
- WE DEMAND CITIZENS RIGHTS FOR MIGRANT PEOPLE.
- WE DEMAND SOCIETY AND THE STATE BE DEMILITARISED,
- AND ABOVE ALL WE DEMAND REAL DEMOCRACY, BOTH AT STATE LEVEL AS IN EUROPE AS A WHOLE.